Hi all,
Welcome back, everyone, after our 2-week hiatus. Here's hoping you all had a wonderful time with family and friends. Happy New Year to you all. Health and happiness for 2012.
THANK YOU for all of the wonderful gifts and good wishes that I received for Christmas. I had such a great time opening my gifts on our final Friday. A roaring fire, a glass of wine and opening all my school gifts! I was suitably spoiled and thank you, once again. I feel very blessed to be your teacher!
Of course, we are now back into the school year. Here's what's on the dance card for the week (or what's left of it).
History Portfolios - these have been marked and returned. If I thought you could have done a better job on any assignment, there is a "re-do" marked on the first page. Remember, kids. Learning is making mistakes, too (me and you). My job is to teach and to help you get better, not just to hurl assignments and marks at you. If you're not learning, I'm not doing my job.
Math - Geometry unit is underway. There will be a partnered assignment tomorrow and a short quiz on Friday. I want to make sure you know how to measure angles and know how to classify triangles. There's no point in moving on if you cannot measure, draw and classify triangles. There is a 2-sided practice sheet for tonight. Don't do it and you're in after school to do it, tomorrow. (Cruel to be kind, you need to practice!)
Language - Shannen timeline, good copy for the 14 chapters we have read, is due on Friday. We will be starting a poetry unit tomorrow.
Science - That Science experiment has still to happen. We will review our flowcharts this week and the experiment will most likely happen next week. We'll see what your energy level (and focus level) is on Friday.
Art - I tried to photocopy the pictures that we chose on the last week of school, but they really didn't turn out well enough to continue on with this assignment. I think we will move on to the Group of Seven assignment. That will happen this week.
Homework After School - I'm always happy to hear kids ask me if they can stay in after school to work on assignments or finish their homework. Why, yes you can! An exception to that is on the days that I coach volleyball or on game day. I can let you know usually a week in advance.
We have some great activities in the cards for February and March, including a fun trip to use power tools! Ha! Stay tuned.
My Grade 7 French Immersion Students
I will now begin posting your English Language homework here so you can check on a daily basis.
Your homework for tomorrow is to ensure you have completed the Story poetry assignment that we started today in class. We will be continuing on with our Poetry unit tomorrow.
Housekeeping
1. Pizza lunch forms went home yesterday. They are due asap.
2. Winter Activity Day letter went home today. Chat with your parents. Choose Skiing/Boarding or Skating. Permission forms for your choice will go home on Friday. Forms and money are due back by January 27th.
3. Scholastic book forms are in for January. They are beside the sign-out binder by the door.
Have a great evening and see you all tomorrow.
Ms Vincent