Monday, June 4, 2012

This Week

Hi all
As you know, I am in Quebec with the Grade 8's.

This is not a down week, or an off week or a week where you can slack off and stay at home. It is designed to be a fun, hands-on week with a very talented supply teacher. 

Mr. Corby will be your supply teacher this week.

1. As you know, he is a fantastic artist and will be working with you on creating shoe artwork in "Picasso" style for the Clairlea Shoe Museum on June 14th. Do not miss his classes as you would normally pay large amounts to attend workshops with such a talented artist. Also, I purchased canvas boards for those of you who wish to work in acrylic. Please bring in a loonie to help offset the cost. Thanks!
2. You are to create a board game for Math. The strand is Probability. By Friday, at least the rough drafts MUST be completed but I expect you to be working on your finished product. You are to follow the specifications for this project as handed out and discussed in class.
3. Narrative good copies are due on Friday, as are all of the assignments where I have asked some of you to "re-do". Please place all assignments in the white bin on the round table.
4. Track and Field is on Thursday for those of you who are moving on. Best of luck.
5. Soccer City's are on Wednesday at Eglinton Flats in the west end. Best of luck.

While I will not be in the class, I will be checking in with Mr. Corby, Mr. McGilvray and Ms Harroun on a daily (at least!) basis.  (Hooray for texting and social networking and email and Blackberrys!)

I know you will be the awesome group of kids that you are and help Mr. Corby with everything he needs.

See you all next week. But I'll be in the class, in my virtual form! Ha!

French Immersion Students
Your narrative good copies are due on Friday, at the latest. They, too, can be placed in the white bin in my class on the round table. Have a great week!

Ms Vincent